The Rhine-Main Universities cordially invite you to the third German ”Open Science Festival” on 17 and 18 September 2024 at Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz.
What is Open Science? How can we promote and practice openness and a culture of sharing in research and scholarship? Which methods can we use to demonstrate more openness in academic and scientific practice? Under the motto Meet, Share, Inspire, Care, the third Open Science Festival in Germany offers the opportunity to seek answers to these questions, to network, and to learn from each other. The festival is for newcomers, interested parties, and experts alike and aims to facilitate interactions and exchanges in various forms.
You will find:
- A first-rate keynote and panel discussions on the opportunities and challenges of Open Science with national and international experts
- Ignite Talks about the successes and stumbling blocks of Open Science practice
- Workshops with practicing members of the Open Science community
- A “poster slam” to get to know a variety of projects from Open Science enthusiasts
- A marketplace with lots of information about Open Science
- A speed networking event to get to know other participants
Would you like to help shape the festival? Then use the call for Ignite Talks, workshops, posters and the marketplace on the website at: Call – Open Science Festival (uni-mainz.de)
Open Science enables people to interact within and with science, and provides access to the knowledge, data, and processes of research. The principle of openness shapes the framework conditions for research and scholarship. Open Access and Open Data make scientific findings more accessible. Open standards and methods allow collaboration and inspire new research approaches. At the same time, Open Science restructures the relationship between science and society. This year’s Open Science Festival is our take on a concept from the Netherlands. The first German festivals took place in Hannover and Cologne.
Further information on the 3rd Open Science Festival can be found at: Home – Open Science Festival (uni-mainz.de)